Savory Pumpkin Hummus
A traditional dip with a fall twist!
Serves: 1/4 cup, Serves: 8
- 1 (15 ounce) can low sodium chickpeas
- 1 cup 100% pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Optional: Sesame seeds for garnish
- Add all of your ingredients into a food processor that can hold at least 3.5 cups.
- Puree mixture for about 5 minutes or until smooth and creamy, scraping down the insides of the food processor, as needed.
- Place hummus in a serving bowl and serve with whole grain pita bread, sliced vegetables, or multigrain tortilla chips to dip.