Spinach and Feta Breakfast Bake
This low calorie breakfast dish is a yummy option for brunch during the holiday season. You can put in any of your favorite veggies and low fat cheeses. You can even add chicken, turkey bacon or turkey sausage.
Serves: 8 (Serving = 1 piece)
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups frozen diced breakfast potatoes
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 ½ cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 ½ cup chopped tomato
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 3.5 ounce package reduced fat feta cheese
- 10 ounce frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and liquid squeezed out
- 15 ounce container egg substitutes, any flavor
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Pinch nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Spray 9 x 13” baking pan with cooking spray.
- Layer potatoes, Parmesan, mushrooms, tomato, onion, feta and spinach, one on top of the other, in the bottom of the baking pan.
- In a small bowl whisk egg substitutes, milk and seasonings. Pour over vegetables and shake pan to evenly distribute.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving.