Chocolate Covered Mint Avocado Bites
Pairing an unlikely combo to make a decadent yet healthy dessert!
Serves: 14 (Serving= 1 chocolate covered bite)
- 1 ripe avocado, seeded and mashed
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Smart Balance® margarine, room temperature
- 1 ½ Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 - 3.5 ounce bar of 70% cacao dark chocolate (for GF version, check to make sure no gluten in ingredients, some chocolate may contain gluten)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Beat avocado, margarine, honey and mint extract with hand mixer until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour mixture into an 8 x 8” pan and spread to ¼ - ½ inch thickness. Cover and place in freezer overnight or until solid (about 3 hours).
- When ready to cover avocado bites, fill a small-medium saucepan about 1-2 inches deep with water and bring to boil. Turn water down to low and place small glass or stainless steel bowl on top (water should not touch bottom of bowl).
- Place pieces of the chocolate bar into bowl and stir until nearly melted. Add oil and stir well.
- Remove avocado filling from freezer and cut into 14 pieces. Using a fork, dip each piece in chocolate, remove immediately and place on parchment paper. Repeat until all pieces are coated then place in freezer for at least1 hour. Serve frozen.