Holiday Popcorn Bars
Whole grains and dark chocolate give this sweet treat a nutritional boost this holiday season!
Serves: 6 (Serving= 1 bar)
- Cooking spray
- 6 cups light or air popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 3 Tablespoons chopped pistachios
- ½ cup 60% cacao dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons holiday sprinkles
- Spray 8 x 8” baking dish with cooking spray.
- To a large bowl, add popcorn, dried cranberries and pistachios.
- Add chocolate chips to a small bowl and microwave for 45-60 seconds at a time, stirring in between until melted, about 2 minutes.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over popcorn. Gently fold popcorn into the chocolate drizzle using a rubber spatula until coated.
- Pour popcorn into baking dish, pressing down with the spatula to flatten. Evenly distribute holiday sprinkles over the top.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or more before serving. Keep refrigerated to prevent melting.