Peach Mango Crumble
August is National Peach Month, so let’s use this fruit to make a delicious breakfast or dessert!
Serves: 9 (Serving = 1/9 of dish)
- Cooking Spray
- 2 medium peaches, pitted and sliced
- 2 mangoes, pitted and sliced
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ½ teaspoons almond extract
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup quick oats (use certified gluten free oats for GF version)
- ¼ cup white whole wheat flour (use gluten free flour blend for GF version)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons trans-fat free stick margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat an 8” square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, toss together the sliced peaches, mangoes, cornstarch, almond extract, brown sugar and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon until thoroughly combined. Spread in the bottom of baking pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, flour, pecans, nutmeg, and remaining cinnamon. Add in the honey and margarine and mix until completely incorporated. Pour evenly over top of peach mango mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the oat mixture is lightly browned. Top with light Greek yogurt or frozen yogurt if desired.