Pumpkin Apple Bread Pudding
A healthy, seasonal twist on traditional bread pudding!
Serves: 10 (Serving= 1 piece)
- 10 slices 100% whole wheat bread, cubed (choose gluten free bread for GF version)
- 2 cups diced apple
- 1 - 15 ounce can 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 ½ cups egg substitute
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 - 5 ounce can evaporated skim milk
- 1/3 cup Splenda® brown sugar blend
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/3 cup lite whipped topping
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes and apples.
- In another large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, egg substitute, skim milk, evaporated milk, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Pour mixture over bread cubes and apples and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours to allow liquid to soak into bread.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray bottom and sides of a 9 x 13” baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Pour bread pudding mixture into baking dish and bake uncovered until the pumpkin mixture is set and a toothpick inserted into the center out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Top with whipped topping.