If you love burgers but hate the calories that go along with it, then you won’t want to miss out on these flavorful turkey burger sliders this summer. They are sure to be the hit at your summer BBQ. This recipe features fresh arugula and apple to create a crunchy turkey burger slider lower in calories that you can enjoy guilt free during this grilling season.
- Cooking spray
- ½ yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey breast
- 1 ½ cups chopped baby arugula
- ¾ cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup finely diced apple
- 3 Tablespoons diced shallot
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 mini whole wheat slider buns
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic glaze
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Place foil down on grill, spray with cooking spray and grill the onions and mushrooms for about 7-10 minutes over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, add the turkey, arugula, bread crumbs, apple, shallot, egg, lemon zest, Worcestershire, garlic powder, cumin, pepper and salt and mix well. Divide the mixture into 6 patties.
- Place burgers on grill over medium-high heat and cook on each side for 5-7 minutes or until they reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Optional: toast buns for about 3-5 minutes.
- Place burgers on buns and top with onions, mushrooms, balsamic glaze, and blue cheese.
Per turkey burger slider
Total Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Sodium: 487 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 28 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Sugars: 5 g
Protein: 18 g