BBQ Chicken and Slaw Sandwich
Give Dad the day off this Father’s Day and whip up some shredded BBQ chicken in the slow cooker. Top with an easy slaw and you have all the fixings on one bun!
- 2 pounds raw chicken breasts
- ¾ cup no salt added ketchup
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 Tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon fat free sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 6 whole wheat bun (choose gluten free bun for GF version)
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker and cook on low for 3 hours. Shred with fork.
- Whisk all BBQ sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and add to shredded chicken, mixing well to evenly coat.
- In a medium bowl, combine all coleslaw ingredients and stir well.
- Serve BBQ chicken and spoonful of coleslaw on whole wheat bun.
Per 1 sandwich topped with slaw
Total Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 424 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 45 g
Dietary Fiber: 6 g
Protein: 38 g