Treat the whole family with this delicious summer BBQ pizza!
Easy Pizza Dough:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ⅔ cup lukewarm water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 medium chicken breasts (thawed if frozen), chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup red bell pepper, washed and chopped
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup sweet BBQ sauce (or any other favorite BBQ sauce), plus more to drizzle on top of pizza
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix whole wheat flour, yeast, salt, sugar, and water in a medium bowl. Gradually add in all-purpose flour, mixing with your hands, until a ball of dough forms.
- Knead the dough for 2-3 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place back in bowl, cover with a cloth or towel, and allow dough to rise for 10-15 minutes.
- While dough is rising, ask an adult to help you cook chicken with olive oil in a large skillet until meat is no longer pink. Add pepper, red bell pepper, and onion to skillet and cook an additional 3-5 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften. Drain any excess liquid from skillet.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough into a large, thin circle or rectangle. Place dough on a greased pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Spread ½ cup BBQ sauce evenly over pizza crust and sprinkle evenly with most of cheese, saving a small amount. Top with chicken, peppers, and onion mixture. Sprinkle remaining cheese over pizza and drizzle with a small amount of BBQ sauce.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Ask an adult to help you take the pizza out of the oven, and allow pizza to cool slightly before serving.
Total Fat: 0 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Sodium: 27 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 11 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Sugars: 10 g
Protein: 28 g