BBQ Turkey Sweet Potato Sliders
Who says buns are required to hold the contents of a sandwich? These thick-cut roasted sweet potato rounds pack a punch of flavor and Vitamin A!
- Two 1/4-1/2 inch thick sliced sweet potato rounds
- Cooking spray
- 1 ounce reduced sodium deli turkey (like Boar’s Head®)
- 2 Tablespoons part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 spinach leaves
- 1 onion slice
- 2 red bell pepper strips
- 2 teaspoons barbeque sauce (make sure gluten free for GF version)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the sweet potato slices on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Place the rest of the ingredients on half the slices. Leave the other half of the slices un-topped, but spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip un-topped slices and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Place un-topped sweet potato slice on top of open-faced slider. Using a skewer, secure slider through the middle.
Per 1 slider
Total Fat: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 405 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 26 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 12 g