Fall is the perfect time to enjoy seasonal vegetables, like the butternut squash in this quick, main dish recipe.
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 - 15 ounce can no salt added black beans, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 small whole wheat tortillas (use gluten free tortillas for GF version)
- 1 cup shredded, part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup light sour cream
- In a large covered skillet over medium-high heat, cook onion and squash in olive oil for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans, cumin and cinnamon, stir well and cook additional 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Place 1/8 cup of cheese on tortilla and spoon ½ cup bean and squash mixture on top. Top with 1 Tablespoon light sour cream. Fold in sides, then roll tightly.
Per 1 burrito
Total Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Sodium: 424 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 35 mg
Dietary Fiber: 15 g
Sugars: 4 g
Protein: 12 g