Black Bean and Butternut Squash Enchiladas
You’ve never had enchiladas quite like these! The fall flavors meld together for the perfect sweet and savory entrée.
- ½ Tablespoon canola oil
- ⅔ cup diced onion
- 3 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 1 – 15 ounce can no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ¼ cups divided part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 – 6 inch whole grain flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup water
- 1 - 8 ounce can no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons Splenda® brown sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, sauté onion and squash in canola oil for 8-10 minutes or until squash is fork tender. Stir often to prevent burning. Add black beans and stir to combine.
- Place 1 ½ Tablespoons of mozzarella cheese down the middle of the tortillas. Spoon black bean and squash mixture on top, roll tightly and place in the bottom of a sprayed 8 x 8” baking dish.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together sauce ingredients. Bring to boil and then simmer 4-5 minutes. Pour over enchiladas.
- Top each enchilada with ½ Tablespoon of mozzarella cheese and bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes.
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 485 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 33 g
Dietary Fiber: 13 g
Sugars: 4 g
Protein: 13 g