Black Bean and Butternut Squash Enchiladas
You’ve never had enchiladas quite like these! The fall flavors meld together for the perfect sweet and savory entrée.
- ½ cup diced onion
- 3 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- ½ Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 – 15 ounce can no salt added black beans
- 1 ¼ cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 – 6 inch whole grain flour tortillas (use gluten free tortilla for GF version)
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 - 8 ounce can no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour (use corn, potato starch or gluten free flour for GF version)
- 1 ½ Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons Splenda® brown sugar blend
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, sauté onion and squash in canola oil. Stir often to prevent burning. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until squash is fork tender. Add black beans and stir to combine.
- Place 1 Tablespoon of mozzarella cheese down the middle of the tortillas. Spoon black bean and squash mixture on top, roll tightly and place in the bottom of a sprayed 8 x 8” square baking dish.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together sauce ingredients. Simmer until thick, about 5 minutes. Pour over enchiladas.
- Top each enchilada with ½ Tablespoon of mozzarella cheese and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
Total Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 429 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 28 g
Dietary Fiber: 8 g
Protein: 13 g