Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos
Dust off the beans from the back of the pantry and put together this delicious, cheap and easy dish!
- 1 ½ Tablespoons canola oil
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced sweet potato
- ½ cup drained and rinsed black beans
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a medium skillet, sauté onion and sweet potato in oil on medium-high until fork tender (about 6-8 minutes).
- Add beans and seasonings and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Warm tortillas in skillet or microwave, sprinkle cheese down the middle and top with a spoonful of sweet potato and bean mixture.
Per 2 tacos
Total Fat: 14 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Sodium: 283 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 53 g
Dietary Fiber: 9 g
Protein: 11 g