Caliente Turkey Burgers with Chipotle Mayo
Mixing up the ground turkey and adding some bold flavors give this healthier burger a great taste!
- 16 ounces mild Italian lean ground turkey sausage
- 19 ounces extra lean ground turkey breast
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- ½ large jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup light shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 11 whole wheat hamburger buns (choose gluten free buns for GF version)
- 1 chipotle pepper, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- Combine all burger ingredients except bun together in a large bowl. Form into patties.
- Place on grill preheated to medium-high heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached.
- Mix all mayonnaise ingredients in a small bowl.
Per burger, bun and 1/2 Tablespoon mayo
Total Fat: 8.5 g
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
Sodium: 512 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 25 g
Dietary Fiber: 7.5 g
Protein: 25 g