Are you craving the flavors of a cheeseburger and you love pasta too? Try this spin on an American classic that tastes like the real deal without all the calories!
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat macaroni (choose gluten free pasta for GF version)
- 1/2 pound 96% lean/4% fat ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded low moisture, part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup pickles, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons non-fat Greek yogurt
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cook ground beef, onion, and bell pepper on medium high heat in sauté pan until meat is no longer pink and onion and pepper have softened (5-7 minutes).
- In large mixing bowl, combine macaroni, ground beef and vegetables with remaining ingredients. Mix well and pour into sprayed 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Garnish with ketchup.
Per 1 1/2 cup serving (entrée portion)
Total Fat: 13 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Sodium: 529 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 37 g
Dietary Fiber: 5 g
Protein: 31 g