Chicken with Blue Cheese and Grapes
This “fancied” up chicken dish combines the flavors of sweet with salty!
- 4- 4 ounce raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup diced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ⅓ cup unsalted chicken stock (use gluten free stock or broth for GF version)
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 cups red grapes, halved
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large non-stick skillet on medium high heat, cook chicken breasts for 4-5 min on each side until browned. Place chicken on a plate and set aside.
- Add oil to skillet. Sauté onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in flour until blended. Let flour mixture brown 1-2 minutes.
- Carefully, pour in wine and broth, whisking until smooth.
- Place rosemary stems in roux. Return chicken to skillet; bring to a boil and cover. Cook chicken for 5-7 min.
- Remove cover, add grapes and cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Serve topped with blue cheese.
Per 1 breast and ½ cup grape/blue cheese mixture
Total Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Sodium: 184 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 17 g
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 29 g