Chili-Lime Fish and Shrimp with Chipotle Avocado Sauce
Turn the heat up this summer with this spicy grilled seafood dish!
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 – 4 ounce raw tilapia filets
- 24 raw shrimp, de-veined and tails off
- Cooking spray
- 1 pitted avocado, flesh only
- 1 chipotle pepper, seeded
- 1 Tablespoon adobo sauce
- 5 ounces plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ¼ cup pinto beans
- 4 cups raw spinach leaves
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 lime wedges
- ½ cup queso fresco, crumbled (make sure gluten free for GF version)
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine all seasonings. Coat fish and shrimp evenly on both sides. Spray grill with cooking spray. Using 4 skewers soaked in water, place 6 shrimp on each skewer. Place tilapia in grilling basket or on piece of foil. Grill shrimp for 2-3 minutes on both sides and fish for 3-4 minutes on both sides. Note: If using grill pan, fish and shrimp can be placed directly on the pan without skewers or foil. Cooking time will be the same.
- In a food processor, place all sauce ingredients and blend until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine ¼ cup sauce with 4 cups of spinach and toss to coat. Place 1 cup spinach on plate, then top with 1 tilapia filet, 6 shrimp, 2 Tablespoons sauce, cilantro, juice of 1 lime wedge and 2 Tablespoons of queso fresco. Repeat with 3 other plates.
Per 1 serving
Total Fat: 13 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Sodium: 563 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 11 g
Dietary Fiber: 5 g
Protein: 35 g