Citrus Shrimp Quinoa
This dish pairs sweet with savory! A delightful combination of clementines, shrimp and feta cheese, completed by adding the whole grain goodness of quinoa.
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 40 small-medium shrimp, de-veined and tail off, cooked
- 5 clementines, peeled and sectioned
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped
- ¾ cup cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup plus 2 Tablespoons reduced fat feta cheese
- In a medium saucepan, bring quinoa and water to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes or until water is soaked up.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, dill, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, shrimp, clementines, green onion, cucumber and whisked dressing.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. Top with 1 Tablespoon feta cheese before serving.
Per ½ cup serving
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 319 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 17 g
Dietary Fiber: 5 g
Protein: 14 g