Fish Tacos with Sweet Slaw
These tacos put a spin on your average Friday night fish dish during the Lenten season
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 (4 ounce) tilapia fillets
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups bagged shredded cabbage slaw
- 2 Tablespoons fat free French dressing
- 2 Tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 corn tortillas
- Juice of ½ lime
- Mix cumin and chili powder together in a small bowl. Sprinkle on both sides of tilapia.
- Spray medium size skillet with cooking spray and place on medium-high heat. Cook the fish for ~5 minutes on each side. Flake with spatula into fine pieces while continuing to cook through (about 1-2 minutes).
- In a medium bowl, mix together cabbage slaw, French dressing, sour cream, cilantro and garlic. Set aside.
- If using gas stove, place 1 tortilla at a time on the burner and turn on medium heat. Let edges get crispy and just barely charred then flip and repeat. Microwave for 20 seconds if stove top is electric.
- Divide the fish evenly among the tortillas, place ½ cup sweet slaw on top and squeeze fresh lime juice.
Per 2 tacos with 1 cup slaw
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Sodium: 236 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 36 g
Dietary Fiber: 6 g
Protein: 19 g