Jazz up your eggplant with this Greek-style burger!
- 1 eggplant, sliced into ½ inch rounds
- 1 ½ cups crushed Original Multi-Grain Sun Chips®
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Cooking spray
- 5.3 ounce container non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons chopped cucumber
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ cup hummus
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 24 Kalamata olives, sliced
- Tomato slices
- Red onion slices
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Spray baking sheet and raised metal rack with cooking spray.
- Place Sun Chips®, eggs, and flour in three separate shallow bowls. Stir in the garlic powder, parsley, thyme, and oregano to the crushed sun chips.
- With each of the eggplant slices: first coat the eggplant slice in flour, then dip the slice in the beaten egg, lastly coat the slice with sun chips and place on raised rack.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Flip and bake another 10 minutes.
- For the tzatziki sauce: combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir well to combine.
- For assembly: place 1 eggplant slice on a hamburger bun and add desired toppings.
Per 1 eggplant burger
Total Fat: 13 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 608 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 47 g
Dietary Fiber: 9 g
Sugars: 7 g
Protein: 15 g