This heart healthy fish dish highlights the flavors of Greek cuisine.
- Cooking spray
- 4 – 4 ounce salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds (about 30 cups) raw spinach leaves
- 1 ½ Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1-14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 4 ounces tomato sauce, no salt added
- 1-3.8 ounce can sliced black olives, drained and rinsed
- ½ Tablespoon dried basil
- ½ Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sprinkle salmon with basil and oregano. Place salmon on sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake for about 6 minutes.
- While salmon is baking, heat olive oil on medium heat in a large skillet. Cook spinach in batches to allow room in skillet. Half way through cooking, add balsamic, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes or until all spinach is cooked down. Divide evenly onto each serving plate.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients (except the cheese) in the same skillet and cook on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Place salmon on top of bed of cooked spinach and pour ½ cup of tomato mixture over it. Sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons of feta cheese.
Per 1 serving
Total Fat: 18 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Sodium: 544 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 19 g
Dietary Fiber: 7 g
Protein: 33 g