Italian Portobello Mushroom Burger
This tasty dish gives you great grill flavor while still keeping your waistline in mind.
- 1 ½ Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 Portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tablespoons light mayonnaise
- ½ Tablespoon Sriracha
- 4 Ciabatta buns, toasted (choose gluten free buns for GF version)
- 1 cup arugula
- 4 tomato slices
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, oregano, and thyme in a small bowl.
- Place mushrooms into 2 gallons size bags and add marinade. Toss gently to coat and let set for at least 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Before starting grill, spray with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place mushrooms on grill and cook for 5-8 minutes on each side, or until tender.
- Top with cheese during last 2 minutes.
- Mix mayonnaise and Sriracha- spread evenly on toasted buns.
- Add arugula, tomato and mushroom.
Per 1 burger
Total Fat: 14 g
Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
Sodium: 346 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 42 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 14 g