This quick and delicious jambalaya is a healthy dish with a kick!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 5 lean hot turkey sausage links
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup unsalted stock of choice (choose gluten free stock for GF version)
- 1 cup no salt added tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (read label to assure gluten free for GF version)
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, peppers, celery, tomatoes, and garlic and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Squeeze meat out of sausage casings into vegetable mixture and sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients (except shrimp) and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add uncooked shrimp and cook for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
Per 1 cup serving
Total Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 455 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 25 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Sugars: 5 g
Protein: 21 g