A seasonal spin on lasagna!
- Cooking spray
- 1 ½ - 15 ounce cans 100% pure pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided into ½ and ¼ tsp
- 3 ½ Tablespoons tub margarine
- 4 ½ Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2/3 cup no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 no-bake lasagna noodles
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 ½ - 15 ounce cans no salt added black beans
- 2 cups part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray 9 x 13” baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, thyme, nutmeg and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, melt margarine. Whisk in flour, will form a roux (thick consistency). Whisk in milk, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, black pepper and ½ teaspoon salt until no lumps. Turn up heat to medium-high, continuing to whisk until mixture thickens up, about 5 minutes.
- Place 4 lasagna noodles on bottom of baking dish and spread half of pumpkin mixture evenly across. Next, sprinkle ½ of diced onions and black beans and pour half of sauce mixture evenly across the entire pan. Repeat with 4 more noodles, pumpkin, onions, black beans and rest of sauce. Top with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and cook an additional 10 minutes.
Per 1 piece
Total Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Sodium: 385 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 33 g
Dietary Fiber: 6 g
Protein: 13 g