Roasted Red Pepper and Corn Quesadilla
Not your average quesadilla!
- 1 red bell pepper
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (choose gluten free for GF version)
- ¾ cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 ear of corn, grilled and cut off the cob
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 6 Tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Turn gas stove top burner on medium-high. Using tongs, either place directly on grates or hold red bell pepper over flame, rotating until all sides are black and charred. Place into a bowl and cover for several minutes to allow steam to separate charred skin from flesh. Once cooled, carefully scrape charred skin from flesh. Lastly, cut off stem, scrape seeds out of the middle cavity then chop into small strips. NOTE: If you do not have a gas stove, you can grill your peppers or place under a broiler to achieve the same charred effect. Remember to rotate pepper to evenly char all sides.
- Turn skillet on medium heat and wait 1-2 minutes. Spray with cooking spray and place 1 tortilla on the bottom of the skillet. Layer ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese and one third of each of the vegetables (corn, green onions and bell pepper). On top of vegetables, sprinkle 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese then 1 tortilla. Spray top of tortilla with cooking spray.
- Cook on both sides until tortillas are golden and crispy and cheese is melted. Cut into 4 triangles. Serve with salsa.
Per 2 triangles
Total Fat: 7g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Total Carbohydrate: 30g
Dietary Fiber: 4g