South of the Border Burger Quesadilla
This healthy makeover on your chain restaurant’s original saves you nearly 1000 calories and 80 grams of total fat!
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons chunky salsa
- 1 pound lean ground beef (93% lean/7% fat)
- Cooking spray
- 8 La Tortilla Factory® Smart & Delicious Low Carb Whole Wheat Tortillas (choose gluten free for GF version)
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup lettuce, chopped
- To make the sauce, combine reduced-fat sour cream with salsa in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Cook 4 hamburger patties to your liking (on the grill, in a skillet or baked in the oven) until internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a medium skillet with cooking spray and turn on medium-high heat. Lay one tortilla in bottom of skillet and spread with 1 ½ tablespoons of sauce. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Place hamburger patty in the middle of tortilla and top with ¼ cup lettuce. Sprinkle last 2 tablespoons of cheese all over hamburger and tortilla.
- Top with another tortilla and press edges with spatula to seal. Spray top of tortilla with cooking spray.
- Cook both sides until golden and crisp.
Per 1 Burger Quesadilla
Total Fat: 20g
Saturated Fat: 7g
Total Carbohydrate: 23g
Dietary Fiber: 14g