Spicy Salmon and Black Bean Tacos
Enjoy a new, creative and convenient way to eat a heart-healthy meal year round!
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can pink salmon, skin and bones removed, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons adobo sauce
- ½ Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/3 cup reduced sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 avocado, seeded and mashed
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 2 chipotle peppers, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 ½ Tablespoons chopped red onion
- ½ Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons chopped tomato
- 1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 8 corn tortillas
- Place salmon, adobo sauce and chili powder in small bowl and set aside. Mash with fork to combine. Set aside.
- Mash together black beans and cumin in another small bowl. Set aside.
- Place mashed avocado in a medium bowl. Add coleslaw mix, chipotle peppers, red onion, cilantro, tomato and lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Place salmon and black beans in microwave for 45-60 seconds. Place tortillas on plate and microwave for 30-45 seconds.
- On one tortilla, spread 1 Tablespoon of black beans and 2 Tablespoons of both the salmon and slaw mix. Fold in half. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Per 2 tacos
Total Fat: 16 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Sodium: 427 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 37 g
Dietary Fiber: 13 g
Protein: 29 g