Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna
Go meatless one night and try this low calorie pasta dish!
- 1 – 8 ounce can no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 – 14.5 ounce can fire roasted garlic diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 – 10 ounce box frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and liquid squeezed out
- 1 – 8 ounce container sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup egg substitute
- 9 whole wheat pasta noodles, cooked according to directions on box
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the bottom of an 8 x 8” pan, pour small amount of tomato sauce and spread around to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the rest of the tomato sauce with the diced tomatoes, 1 teaspoon oregano and 1 teaspoon basil.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining 1 teaspoon oregano, 1 teaspoon basil, garlic powder, spinach, mushrooms, mozzarella, ricotta and egg substitute. Mix together well.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles on bottom of pan, layer with ½ the spinach and mushroom mixture and then place 3 more noodles on top.
- Pour ½ the tomato mixture on the noodles. Add the rest of the spinach and mushroom mixture, another layer of 3 noodles then the rest of the tomato mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes covered with foil. Take foil off and sprinkle with Parmesan and bake an additional 10-15 minutes.
Per 1 piece (1/6th of the pan)
Total Fat: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
Sodium: 529 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 27 g
Dietary Fiber: 5 g
Protein: 19 g