Stewed Tuna and Chickpeas with Rice
You can still use your canned foods to put together a balanced and delicious meal!
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup diced onion or 1 small onion, diced
- 1 - 15 ounce can chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- 1 - 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 – 5 ounce cans chunk light tuna in water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Sauté onion in oil over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, tomatoes, tuna, garlic powder and ground cumin. Stir to combine and cook an additional 6-7 minutes.
- Serve over ½ cup brown rice.
Per 1 cup tuna and chickpeas plus ½ cup rice
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 502 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 37 mg
Dietary Fiber: 9 g
Protein: 22 g