Stuffed Acorn Squash
Truly a meal in one, this healthy spin on the original is sure to keep you feeling “stuffed”.
- 4 acorn squash
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey breast
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup unsalted pecans, chopped
- ¾ cup Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Splenda® brown sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ Tablespoon ground sage
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut 1 inch from top of squash and scoop out seeds. Fill roasting pan with water 1 inch deep and place squash flesh side down in middle of pan. Roast for 40 minutes depending on size of squash or until fork tender.
- Place oil in a large skillet, add ground turkey and cook until partially pink.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Stuff 1 cup mixture into acorn squash and place back in oven for 5 minutes.
Per 1 acorn squash and 1 cup stuffing
Total Fat: 16 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Sodium: 228 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 71 g
Dietary Fiber: 10 g
Protein: 36 g