Turkey Vegetable Alfredo
Don’t be discouraged this holiday season with leftover turkey. Prepare this tasty alfredo dish that pairs your flavorful holiday turkey with colorful vegetables in a cream sauce that compares to a traditional alfredo. This creamy combination will have you wanting seconds for sure!
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat rotini (7 ounces) (choose gluten free for GF version)
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen carrots
- 1 - 10 ¾ ounce can reduced-fat, low sodium, cream of mushroom soup (choose gluten free for GF version)
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 - 4 ounce can mushroom pieces and stems, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- Prepare rotini according to package directions. Add broccoli and carrots for last 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain.
- In skillet mix soup, milk, mushrooms, cheese, pepper, and turkey. Add rotini and vegetable mixture and heat through, stirring often.
Per 1 cup serving
Total Fat: 4g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Carbohydrate: 29g
Dietary Fiber: 5g