A spin on spaghetti that will have kids eating their veggies in no time!
- 1 jar (1 lb 7.9 oz) reduced sodium marinara sauce (choose gluten free for GF version)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey breast (90% lean or greater)
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 – 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, no salt added, with basil, garlic & oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 wedges of Laughing Cow® Mozzarella, Sun Dried Tomato & Basil cheese wedges
- 2 ½ large or 5 small zucchini, cut into quarters
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 cups cooked whole grain pasta (choose gluten free for GF version)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Pour entire jar of marinara sauce onto bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet combine ground turkey, bell pepper, onion, minced garlic, diced tomatoes, oregano, basil and cheese wedges. Cook over medium high heat until turkey is brown and cooked through.
- While the turkey is cooking make the zucchini boats by scooping out the seeds from the center of each zucchini quarter, using a spoon.
- When the turkey has finished cooking, spoon turkey mixture into zucchini boats and place in the baking dish on top of the marinara sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake the zucchini boats for 25 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Place the zucchini boats back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Remove the zucchini boats and allow to cool.
- While the zucchini boats are baking, make the pasta per directions listed on the package.
- Scoop 1 cup of pasta onto plate, top with ½ cup marinara and 2 zucchini boats.
Per 1 serving
Total Fat: 11 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Sodium: 671 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 70 g
Dietary Fiber: 11 g
Protein: 31 g