This is a great way to use the abundance of fresh asparagus available this time of year!
2 pounds fresh asparagus-(2 bunches with 1 inch ends cut off)
- ¼ cup balsamic glaze
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup reduced fat crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- Spray grill pan with cooking spray. Grill asparagus over medium-high heat, rotating several times, for 5-7 minutes. Let cool and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine asparagus, balsamic glaze, strawberries, onion, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle with fresh squeezed lemon juice and sprinkle with feta cheese just before serving.
Per 1 cup
Total Fat: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 271 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 15 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Sugars: 9 g
Protein: 5 g