Try making this delicious pasta salad for your next picnic or summer cook out! It’s bursting with flavor and features fresh tomatoes and zucchini. Whole wheat pasta adds a boost in fiber and shredded chicken completes the dish, making this the perfect summer dinner option.
- 2 cups tightly packed cilantro leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 cups shredded or diced chicken breast
- 3 cups cooked whole wheat elbow macaroni
- Add cilantro, garlic, walnuts, Parmesan, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a food processor.
- Pulse 4 to 5 times until ingredients are roughly chopped.
- Turn on the food processor, and slowly drizzle in the oil through the lid opening. Process until smooth.
- Add the yogurt to this mixture and process until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients with the pesto.
- Gently toss to combine.
Per 1 cup
Total Fat: 20 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Sodium: 395 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 14 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Sugars: 2 g
Protein: 13 g