Citrus Tuna Salad
Refreshing twist on tuna salad, great for any occasion! Serve as an appetizer topped with fresh herbs or in a pita for lunch or dinner!
- 1 (12 ounce) can chunk light tuna in water, drained
- ¼ cup carrots, finely diced
- 3 Tablespoons red onion, finely diced
- 3 Tablespoons roasted and salted sunflower seed kernels
- 3 Tablespoons French's® honey Dijon mustard
- Juice of half a lime
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 avocado, seeded, flesh only
- 24 Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil Triscuits® (choose gluten free crackers for GF version)
- In a small bowl, combine tuna, carrots, red onion, sunflower seeds, mustard, lime juice, and black pepper and mix well.
- Option 1: Spread about 1 teaspoon avocado on cracker and top with about 1 tablespoon of tuna salad. Option 2: Spread inside of pita or gluten free wrap with fresh avocado and add salad. Enjoy!!
Nutrition Information (for option 1)
Per 3 crackers
Total Fat: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 203 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 22 g
Dietary Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 6 g