Colorful Corn and Bean Salad
Get more vegetables in your life with this colorful summertime salad!
- 2 cups fresh green beans, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 cups cooked corn
- 2 cups cooked edamame
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 medium diced bell pepper
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup minced green onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Fill medium sauce pan about half full with water and bring to a boil. Add green beans and continue to boil for 3-5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Add dressing to salad and toss to coat. Allowing salad to marinate in fridge for about an hour will allow flavors to develop.
Serving size ½ cup
Total Fat: 5.5 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 103 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 13 g
Dietary Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 4.5 g