Crunchy Edamame Salad
Try a new kind of bean salad with the nutty taste of sesame and pistachio!
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups fully cooked, frozen, shelled edamame (green soybeans), thawed
- ½ cup carrots, grated
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper (yellow), chopped
- ¼ cup pistachios, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds (can be toasted to bring out the flavor)
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoons San-J® gluten free or LaChoy® low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Splenda®
- Poppy seeds, to garnish
- In a medium bowl, add first eight ingredients.
- Whisk remaining six ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for a couple hours before serving.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds as a garnish if desired.
Per ½ cup serving
Total Fat: 7g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrate: 11g
Dietary Fiber: 6g