Farro Salad with Rosemary, Mushrooms and Blue Cheese
This salad combines a non-traditional whole grain, farro, with the earthy flavors of rosemary and mushrooms.
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 5 cups raw mushrooms (any kind)
- 3 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup arugula
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, combine farro with 3 cups water. Bring to boil then simmer for 30 minutes. Drain remaining liquid.
- In a medium skillet on medium heat, sauté garlic and rosemary in olive oil for 2 minutes, stirring to prevent burning.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Combine cooked farro and mushroom mixture with rest of ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Serve hot or cold.
Per ¾ cup serving
Total Fat: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 167 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 29 g
Dietary Fiber: 5 g
Protein: 8 g