Enjoy the fresh flavors of a Mediterranean summer with this tasty whole grain salad. A perfect side dish for your next end-of-summer get-together!
- 2 cups cooked farro
- 2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup no salt added canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ¾ cup cubed reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 ½ Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and toss until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 20-30 minutes to allow flavors to marinate together. Serve chilled.
Per 1 cup serving
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 169 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 27 g
Dietary Fiber: 5 g
Sugars: 3 g
Protein: 10 g