Middle Eastern Asparagus Salad
The unique flavors of the Middle East combine with seasonal asparagus in this spring salad.
- 1 bunch asparagus (16 ounces)
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup chopped dates
- 2 cups leafy greens or herb blend
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Tahini paste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut asparagus 1 inch from end and discard. Chop each spear into thirds and place in zip top bag with olive oil. Toss to coat. Lay evenly on baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Combine asparagus and rest of ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well.
Per 1 cup
Total Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 85 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 14 g
Dietary Fiber: 4.5 g
Protein: 5.5 g