Red Cabbage Salad with Light Asian Dressing
A sweet, tangy, Asian twist on cabbage.
- 2 cups red cabbage, sliced into thin strips
- ½ cup snap peas, ends cut off and diagonally sliced
- ½ cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/3 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon peanut oil
- ½ Tablespoon San-J® or LaChoy® gluten free low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- To make salad, combine cabbage, snap peas, green bell peppers, scallions, peanuts and shredded chicken in one large bowl.
- To make dressing, combine rice vinegar, peanut oil, lite soy sauce, sugar, scallions, ginger and garlic in a separate small bowl; whisk until combined.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix until cabbage is evenly coated. Place salad in refrigerator to marinate for about 2 hours before serving.
- Enjoy as a side or main dish.
Per ½ cup serving
Total Fat: 7g
Total Carbohydrate: 7g
Dietary Fiber: 1.5g