Red, White, and Blue Beet Salad
This 4th of July weekend you can make a healthy raw beet salad that is simple and easy! It includes spiralized beets, a tangy citrus vinaigrette, and has a sweet/savory taste as it is topped with blueberries and goat cheese! The red color from the beets, white from the goat cheese, and blue from the blueberries makes this salad perfectly patriotic!
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 6 ½ cups of beets
- ¾ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¾ cup blueberries
- Salt to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together ingredients for the vinaigrette and set aside.
- Next, spiralize beets and trim down into smaller noodles. Set aside in separate bowl.
- Add vinaigrette to beets and toss salad in vinaigrette, using tongs.
- Finally, top salad with blueberries and goat cheese.
Per 1 cup serving
Total Fat: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 209 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 16 g
Dietary Fiber: 4 g
Sugars: 12 g
Protein: 4 g