Smoky and Spicy Black Eyed Pea Salad
The summer is heating up, and so are the flavors of this summer salad. The smokiness of the cumin pairs perfectly with the spiciness of the chipotle peppers!
- ¼ cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 – 15 ounce cans black eye peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup yellow cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chipotle peppers, seeded and finely minced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, mix yogurt, olive oil, cumin, chili powder and salt together.
- Add salad ingredients and toss to coat evenly.
- Mix well & refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
Per 1/2 cup serving
Total Fat: 2g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrate: 25g
Dietary Fiber: 5.5g