Smoky and Spicy Cilantro Avocado Bean Salad
Turn up the heat with this bean salad! The smoky and spicy cilantro avocado sauce is a perfect complement to any bean salad.
- 1 – 16 ounce can reduced sodium garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 – 16 ounce can reduced sodium kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked corn
- ½ cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 Tablespoons plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ avocado
- 1 chipotle pepper, seeded
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice of ½ a lime
- In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients.
- In a food processor, process sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Add sauce to salad and toss to coat.
Per ¾ cup serving
Total Fat: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Sodium: 198 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 27 g
Dietary Fiber: 9 g
Protein: 8 g