Farro Spring Salad
Spring has sprung with this fresh, colorful salad incorporating whole grains!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup farro
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow pepper, diced
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced into coins and halved
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the water and farro in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the farro is tender, about 25-30 minutes. Drain well, and then transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss all the vegetables together with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper and spread out on baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes flipping half way through.
- In a large bowl, toss roasted vegetables, Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, and lemon juice with farro. Can be served immediately or refrigerated and served cold.
Per 1 Cup
Total Fat: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Sodium: 216 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 12 g
Dietary Fiber: 5.5 g
Protein: 7 g