Wheat Berry Salad with Red Fruit
Add a new flavor to your cookouts with this deliciously sweet side dish!
- ½ cup orange juice
- 6 Tablespoons fat-free raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups cooked wheat berries
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 apples, diced
- ¼ cup chopped mint leaves (optional)
- To prepare dressing, blend the orange juice, vinaigrette, and salt.
- Put the wheat berries in a medium bowl. Pour the dressing over them and toss to coat.
- Set aside for about 15 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Add dried cranberries, pecans, and diced apples to the wheat berries; mix. Add mint leaves, if desired.
Per ½ cup serving
Total Fat: 4g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrate: 13g
Dietary Fiber: 2g