This recipe showcases some of fall’s most delicious produce: sweet potatoes and apples. It’s a healthy accompaniment to your Thanksgiving turkey!
- 4 cups diced sweet potato, scrubbed and skins on
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 2 Granny Smith apples, diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup of coarsely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tablespoons packed Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup blue cheese (separate ½ cup and ¼ cup reserved for topping)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, toss the sweet potato cubes with canola oil. Spread onto a baking tray sprayed with cooking spray and roast for 15 minutes
- In a large bowl, toss apples and lemon juice. Add potatoes, onion, pecans and coat evenly with brown sugar, salt and pepper. Add ½ cup blue cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Place contents into a 2 quart baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes. Stir, remove foil, and bake additional 20 minutes or until sweet potato is fork tender.
- Before serving, garnish with ¼ cup blue cheese.
Per ½ cup serving
Total Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 170 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 17 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.5 g
Protein: 4 g