Mediterranean Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Stuffed with whole grains, nuts, veggies, cheese, and fresh herbs, these Mediterranean-flavored zucchini boats are a great addition to your summer menu. They can serve both as an entrée or a side dish, and you can use the stuffing for yellow summer squash, bell peppers, or tomatoes as well.
- 2 zucchini, reserving inside of 1 zucchini for stuffing (about ½ cup)
- 1 cup of Minute® Rice Whole Grain Medley
- ¼ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/3 cup crumbled reduced fat Feta cheese
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons pine nuts
- ½ cup chopped arugula, packed
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 ½ Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ Tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, and scoop out insides, leaving a thin layer of flesh with the skin. Chop the removed inside flesh of 1 zucchini, or about ½ cup, and add to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl with the chopped zucchini. Mix well.
- Place the 4 zucchini halves in a baking dish. Using a spoon, scoop the stuffing into the zucchini, generously filling each “boat.”
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes, or until zucchini are fork-tender.
Per 1 zucchini boat
Total Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 357 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 23 g
Dietary Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 7 g