Mini Twice-Baked Potatoes
This tasty homemade appetizer is an excellent addition to your game day menu. These tiny potatoes will be the talk of your tailgate!
- 24 baby Yukon gold potatoes (about 2 inches across)
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices of cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 1/3 cup raw broccoli, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup shredded 2% milk cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F. Place potatoes in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, 1 teaspoon of dried thyme, and 1 dash of salt and pepper. Once evenly coated, space potatoes on a large baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until easily pierced with a toothpick.
- Remove potatoes from oven. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 450°F.
- Once potatoes have cooled, gently slice off the top of each potato and use a small spoon or melon baller to hollow out each potato skin. Place potato filling into a medium sized bowl. Mash potato filling with a fork, combining it with sour cream, crumbled turkey bacon, broccoli, red bell pepper, a dash of thyme and a dash of salt and pepper. Mix evenly.
- Using a small spoon, gently re-fill each hollow potato skin with the potato mixture. Each potato should mound slightly. Sprinkle each potato with shredded cheese.
- Bake potatoes at 450°F for 8-10 minutes. Serve warm.
Per serving (4 potatoes)
Total Fat: 7g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Total Carbohydrate: 32g
Dietary Fiber: 2g