Sweet Potato Polenta Cakes
A little something different for your Thanksgiving Day feast. These cakes are sweet and buttery, but since they are perfectly portioned, you will be less likely to OVER-indulge!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 2 cups cooked polenta/cornmeal (about ¾ cup dry), cook according to package directions
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- 1 ½ Tablespoons tub margarine
- 1 ½ Tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Wrap potatoes in foil and place in oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until soft. Once cooled, peel the skin off and add flesh to a medium bowl.
- To the sweet potato, add the cooked polenta, brown sugar and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Spread flat onto cookie sheet (1/4 inch thick), leaving about 1-2 inches from the side. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Using the top of a circular drinking glass (or a cookie cutter), cut into cakes and place on a clean cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Melt margarine and brown sugar for 10 seconds in the microwave and mix together. Brush the cakes with mixture and bake for 7 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil and place cookie sheet on broiling rack for 1-2 minutes, until lightly browned or edges are slightly crispy.
- Top with each cake with pecans and raisins and drizzle with remaining brown sugar and margarine mixture.
Per 2 cakes
Total Fat: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 0.5g
Sodium: 30 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 27 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 2 g